Voice Over Resource Books
Feel like joining in on the fun ? Don't move until you've read-up a little: it's not an easy career, but it is certainly satisfying !
I do not earn commission on any purchase
Voice Over Coaching
In Johannesburg and Cape Town, get your voice-over coaching from the South African Voice Over Academy, with Craig Ross, now available online as well !
Visit their website at www.savoa.co.za
Voice Over Equipment
You'll need the following to get started (click the links to redirect to Amazon for product ideas):
- a cardioid condenser microphone (not a USB mic though, they're not really good enough quality)
- a pop filter - metal or fabric
- a microphone stand, either a desk arm or a floor stand
- an audio interface with 48V phantom power (also known as a pre-amp)
Studio Sound Treatment
The room in which you record, otherwise known as your studio, is just as, if not more, important than your equipment and your talent.
If you want serious professional treatment, check out these companies I found online while searching for advice for my own studio space:
- True Sound Acoustics: I purchased my recording booth from them and the service was amazing ! They also supply sound treatment panels that can be custom made and printed with images of your choice. Highly recommended.